Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5-1-2012 Short Cuts


And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Way of Holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray. 
No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous beast come up on it; they shall not be found there, but the redeemed shall walk there. 
And the ransomed of the LORD shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. 

Isaiah 35:8-10 


I’ve read in scripture that You encourage Your believers speak their hearts for their own awareness of direction so that You might walk with them. So here’s my heart:


         Lord, I believe I’m on the right road You’ve directed me to, but me being…me, I’m really tempted to take the “bypass” to achieve a quicker result. Ever since our journey to Israel, I’ve  wanted to rush the process of connecting with other believers in The Land, anxious to build relationships and to learn how they live. I hunger to revisit Galilee and other ancient places, strengthening relationships with our new found friends and establishing new relationships. I want to be there…now. I’m afraid if I wait too long, I’ll lose my passion and desire, forgetting critical lessons that You revealed while we were there. I fear that the growing strife in the area might soon prohibit another visit.
Yes, confession time – I’m thinking ahead, premeditating rather than preparing for what You’ve obviously already set in motion. It’s that “worrying about tomorrow” thing creeping in again – the enemy is so subtle.
At least I’m in good company. I suspect the Israelites of old had also grumbled, saying, “Why can’t we just go up the Way of the Sea road to the Promised Land?” It was a three week trip at most, even for a group as large as that. “Why Sinai?” “Why the 40 year route?”
Moses must have just shaken his head – he had learned the hard way about short cuts. It took him 80 years to learn, so 40 must have figuratively seemed a drop in the bucket. I look at my own “shaping” time and as much as I know You are directing me wisely, I want my way – the easy way, the fast way. It’s so ironic, that in looking back on my journey to this moment, every time I had come to a similar point and had chosen my path preference over Yours; the road turned out to be more difficult and actually hindered instead of enabled my progress.
All metaphors aside, Adonai, I ask You now to walk with me closely in my struggle. Remind me that everything I am experiencing regarding my personal desire to serve Israel is really about responding to Your love of the people and the land. Thank You for providing me with an opportunity to be patient, so that I can practice patience. 

Willing to obey,

Mark C.

No comments:

Post a Comment