Saturday, January 28, 2012

Almost There



Almost there,

     
                                                And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Way of Holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray.

No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous beast come up on it; they shall not be found there, but the redeemed shall walk there.

      And the ransomed of the LORD shall return and come to       
      Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads;  
      they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing 
      shall flee away.

Isaiah 35:8-10

Very soon we embark on the trip of a life time – a year in the planning, a miracle by any standard. We were not supposed to be able to afford such a trip, we were not supposed to have the resources necessary. The political climate and all conventional wisdom have said, “NO”.
You, God say, “Yes”.
We’re ready, we’ve hungered and studied , planned and packed, our ears and eyes are open…but we have no idea (yet) how Israel will speak to us, just how it has already spoken  to others.
And I feel a sense of personal peace – no need to push an agenda. A friend, who has been, suggests to let my physical and spiritual senses take over. I get that – let the land and the people…and most of all, You, Lord to teach me, not me try to define them.
            I’ve even found some humor in the preparation (something somehow important to me – teach me why someday, OK Rabbi?). Patti asked me to track the weather in the different regions of the land. One day she wanted to know the temperature in the area of the Dead Sea.  Weather.com was unforgiving, Global.net, no help. No source reveals the current temperature for the lowest elevation on earth. I finally shrugged my shoulders and replied to her, “The current temperature of the Salt Sea is…Seasonal.”
            A co-worker asked me to bring him back one thing that would cause US Customs to ask 10 questions. I suggested, “One olive.” He responded that it should be something that wouldn’t spoil. I replied, “An olive branch.”
            Lord, all this rambling is not to entertain or to assure. It’s simply to release my excitement and anticipation and above all to say, thank You, praise You for the opportunity. Oh yes, there is one more thing: The Most important revelation of our readiness. Patti and I are ready in another way – as typical, You’re already teaching and providing for us in advance of our need – We pray nothing more than for Your will and desire to be played out in our journey. Let others know, by our love, our worship of You and Your work in us, that You are God alone.

Hallelujah!

Mark & Patti C.

No comments:

Post a Comment