Saturday, February 11, 2012

2-7-2012 Jerusalem, Jerusalem


Dome of St Katherine over Old Jerusalem
I'm not sure how to take this all in Lord. The city is beautiful, the geography amazing. The sites, the smells, the sounds - even saying, "it's beyond my dreams" doesn't do it justice.

Dome in the Church of Gethsemane
Mark and Patti at the Eastern Gate
So why am I having problems letting go of yesterday - our last day in Galilee? Why am I of two minds, longing for more time to witness the land where You lived and ministered, vs. this place that crucified You? Yes, I know, there is the resurrection and certainly I'm longing to experience the empty tomb (still on the agenda), but there's (dare I say it...) a taint on this place.

I love what I'm seeing, I'm amazed at the history, yet...I find myself unsettled. Jeruselum is more of a mosaleum than a city of light. Is that why You wept for this place? Is my spirit doing the same?

I have to turn the page...give me wisdom, Teacher...

...Oh yes, I remember. There will be a NEW Jerusalem! Of couse. Even the City on the Hill needs to be reborn by Your love. And it will be so. That I can live with. That I can handle and so, marvel at what has, and will take place here.
A Floral Moment

Hosanna Messiah.

Mark C.

No comments:

Post a Comment